[geeks] Re: [rescue] SLACKERS

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Wed Jan 23 16:28:23 CST 2002

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Peter L. Wargo wrote:

> The question to ask is: What have you done to help prevent it?  Relying
> on Scott, or anyone else in the industry is not enough.  I'm trying my
> best to remove Microsoft from my life, I just need to find a better
> browser for OS X than IE.

For most everything I use Omniweb.  Occasionally I fire up IE if someone
sends me some loaded CSS Frontpage kind of site with lots of trickiness.
Omniweb anti-aliases the fonts beautifully and is cocoa.  Version 5+
should have a lot better CSS1 and 2 support (crossing fingers)

Andrew

There are, of course, thousands of people who claim to be sys admins who
have the single "skill" of working it out from a gui tool. Ask these people
to move 500 users accounts or 300 virtual hosts from one machine to another
and they are as useful as chocolate firemen. -- Anonymous Coward on Slashdot
8/15/01

UNIX and cigarettes, both addictive and both contain tar.