[geeks] Re: [rescue] SLACKERS

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Wed Jan 23 01:17:21 CST 2002

On Tuesday, January 22, 2002, at 10:47 , David Passmore wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 08:14:02PM -0800, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
>
>> I like a recent statement by Scott McNealy - He doesn't need to work,
>> but he does, not only because he enjoys Sun and it's employees, but he
>> does not want to leave to world to Microsoft.  I agree.
>
> That sounds just like him; the lone man standing between us and
> Microsoft
> world domination. If he is, he's doing a piss-poor job.

The question to ask is: What have you done to help prevent it?  Relying
on Scott, or anyone else in the industry is not enough.  I'm trying my
best to remove Microsoft from my life, I just need to find a better
browser for OS X than IE.

No longer will I accept MS Office attachments.

I do this, not out of some desire to be a religious nut, but to avoid
what I see as a severe threat to the quality and viability of the
computer industry.  It's a shame, too, as there are good folks at MS as
well as bad - their Mac division is a good bunch.

-Pete