[geeks] The newton, not quite RIP...

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Wed Jan 23 00:08:12 CST 2002

I was staring at my Newton MP 2100 (originally a 2000, upgraded) and
decided to look and see if anybody still supported it.  Turns out there
is still a thriving newton community out there, and lotsa cool stuff
available.

For example, I was never aware that there is a version of macintalk that
ran on the newton.  I need to download it and play - there are some
nifty text-to-speech apps as well...

The newton holds a special place in my heart - a good friend (who passed
on unexpectedly) was involved in the original development of the
newton.  Every time I pick mine up, I think of Dave, and smile.

-Pete