[geeks] SGI haul in!

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Jan 21 23:24:06 CST 2002

On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 04:22:24PM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 02:10:11PM -0800, Geoff Reed wrote:
> > Are R3000's good/useful machines?  if so I might be interested in one bill
>
> 33Mhz R3000, runs up to IRIX 5.3; I'd guess around SS2-class
> performance or a bit better.

That is a bit mis-leading if there is anything other than entry graphics
in the units.  If so, then these are going to be a lot snappier as
workstations than any of the graphics options for the SS2 ever were.

Personally, I like SPARCs, but I really love Mips, but I don't think that
Indigos are likely to be as good for servers as my Sparcs are.

--
Joshua D. Boyd