[geeks] Plasic casings

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Jan 21 23:18:06 CST 2002

On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 01:16:02PM -0500, Big Endian wrote:
> I've got an SBC that I want to encase in plastic for mounting.  I've
> never done any plastic work before (I'm not a bad wood worker though
> I'm sure its quite different) and I'm wondering if anybody has any
> recommended starting points.

What sort of shape and dimmensions are you looking for?  Possible options
are molding it using sheet plastic, molding it using liquid plastic,
routing it out from a solid block of plastic.  I haven't actually done
any of those methods, but I'm told that neither molding from sheets of
or routing are hard.  In fact, I'm told that you can route using a
regular old wood router and bits.  I think I'm likely to try it one of
these days, as soon as I find a place to get the blocks of plastic
from.

--
Joshua D. Boyd