[geeks] speakers

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Sat Jan 19 17:50:55 CST 2002

I just picked up a cheapo set of speakers for my sister's machine.  They
looked cool and sounded good enough at the show.

Anyway, I get home, and look at them more closely, it looks like the
construction of the main speakers is a magnetic cool attached to a flat piece
of plastic.  This makes them extreemly thin.  They probably aren't so good
for off axis listening.  Will have to test that.  This is kinda cool.

It would be interesting to know how a similar designed, but higher quality
set would compare to cone driver speakers.

The subwoofer on this set is crap, but it does the job.

--
Joshua D. Boyd