[geeks] GEEK OUT

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Sat Jan 19 09:20:06 CST 2002

On Sat, Jan 19, 2002 at 10:03:40AM -0500, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> That's must be the coolest job!  I love astronomy - I can't afford to do it
> myself (that and I live in the 'burbs, too much ambient light).

I know a few people who mess around with radio telescopes in their suburban
gardens.  Not so many pretty pictures to look at, but geekier.  And one of
'em is involved in this <http://www.radiotelescope.org.uk/>.  They're
restoring some of the older equipment at the Cambridge University radio
observatory.

       23.5 degrees of axial tilt is the reason for the season