[geeks] IP telephony

Nina Bersamina merdiva at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 18 13:17:15 CST 2002

In addition to this, if you use Cisco Cataylst's, they
have ports that can do data and DC (power) for the
phones and the wireless technology therefore powering
up the phones with no need for power cords.  Also, the
phone profile can be stored across multiple call
managers (if you had different locations for offices)
and the phone therefore can be portable to any
location, you would just have to sync the call
managers information.  Their phones are xml based, and
can double as PIMs, they do asset tracking amongst
other things.

I was at Cisco a month ago in Honolulu, and I fully
enjoyed their toybox.

We are looking into IP phones as well.

:)

-Nina