[geeks] SGI plus MS eq what?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Jan 16 15:10:21 CST 2002

This is the first news release in a long time that *actually* puzzles me.
Most I can figure out - but this one just doesn't make any sense...

http://theregister.co.uk/content/54/23708.html

Why would SGI transfer patents related to it's products to MS?  I'm
*convinced* that the author of the article is missing something - something
big and important.  Like SGI sold MS knowledge and patents pertaining to the
now-defunt series of NT-based workstations it sold at one point?

Dunno, but it's got me confused and guessing....

Kurt