[geeks] "Battle Royale"

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Wed Jan 16 11:22:24 CST 2002

> > I've wanted to see that movie since I first read about it.  Is
> > the region encoding part of the encryption?  If so, then I'd
> > buy the R2 DVD and run DeCSS on it and burn the unencrypted
> > copy on a DVD-R to watch on my DVD player.
>
> Heh, easier for me to just spend $15 on an apex modchip and not
> have to go through the hassle. 8-)
>
> I *had* a region-free hack for my Mac Cube's DVD-ROM, but Apple's
> latest DVD player software "fixes" it. 8-(

I have region-free firmware for my laptop and main desktop
DVD drives, and there's a region-free DVD player for Linux,
but I don't want to mod my set-top DVD players.  Plus, a
region-free DVD can be played on any DVD player, so I don't
have to worry if I want to watch it somewhere else.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net