[geeks] ipfilter and qe card

David Selders dave at dselders.org
Wed Jan 16 09:25:46 CST 2002

Ok.... I have tried everything I can think of to get this to work.  So
I need some help.  I have a IPC that I want to use a gateway for my DSL
connection.  The IPC has a quad ethernet card in it (501-2062).  I can
configure the interfaces on the card no problem.  I have installed
ipfilter.

ipf -V
ipf: IP Filter: v3.4.22 (244)
Kernel: IP Filter: v3.4.22
Running: yes
Log Flags: 0 = none set
Default: pass all, Logging: available
Active list: 1

Set up ipnat.conf and ipf.conf with rules.  I then fired up ipf and all
appeared well.  Everything works great from the IPC itself.  The problem
appears when using an internal machine.  From a internal machine you can
ping, and traceroute out to the internet with no problem.  If you try
and use a browser to surf the net it just loads a blank white page.
When I try wget connection reset by peer.  FTP also fails.  The contents
of my ipnat.conf are:

map qe0 192.168.1.0/24 -> a.b.c.d/32 proxy port ftp ftp/tcp
map qe0 192.168.1.0/24 -> a.b.c.d/32 portmap tcp/udp 30000:60000
map qe0 192.168.1.0/24 -> a.b.c.d/32

I have searched google to no end, so I am at a loss for what is going
on.  I have most likely overlooked some minor detail knowing me.  So a
second pair of eyes is greatly appreciated.

Dave