[geeks] # of machines running currently

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Wed Jan 16 08:42:05 CST 2002

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Ross Alexander wrote:

> > Ross, how did you happen to select OpenBSD instead of
> > FreeBSD or Linux?

> I first came across OpenBSD when I was searching for an OS for my
> RISCserver. Once I started looking at it, I really appreciated the care
> that was taken in putting it together as a complete thing. Since I've
> been using it, I'm simply more comfortable with my own ability to set up
> a secure OpenBSD system than any other.

I'll second this sentiment...  I do like Linux, and Linux can do most
of the stuff OpenBSD does from a functionality standpoint.  But ignoring
the security audits and such, everything is crafted to FIT.  You don't
need to go through contortions to get IPSec to work.  If a feature is
in there, it fits into OpenBSD.  I like that.

--Kurt