[geeks] 486 as router/firewall/server

kurt at k-huhn.com kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Jan 16 08:39:20 CST 2002

> Also, which of these OS's/version are best for router/firewall/server?
> FreeBSD 4.3, Debian Progeny 1.0, Red Hat 7.1, or Caldera
> Workstation/Server. I mention those because they are the ones I have
> burned already, and not ready access to a burner(the one I do have is
> off site and not much chance to burn there). Any and all
> recommendations appreciated.

A co-worker has setup a few NetBSD firewalls using the NetBSD Firewall
Project distribution.
http://www.dubbele.com/
He likes it very much - and has it running on a 486/33, dunno what brand.

It is (or was) network setup only - or you can make a donation to get the
CD.  I don't think they have an image available for download - other than
the floppys.

Kurt