[geeks] 486 as router/firewall/server

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Jan 16 00:03:06 CST 2002

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 12:46:23AM -0500, Boatman on the River of Suck wrote:
> I'd go with NetBSD, but out of those, it's FreeBSD.  A packet has a
> shorter route through a system running a BSD kernel than Linux.

Now *that* is nitpicking.

Speaking of, I wonder what my Netgear RT314 "gateway router" (aka
Zyxel PR314) runs as an OS base; I knwo its "ZyNOS", or at least a
Netgear-labled version, but is it proprietary or based off a free *nix?

Had it for about six months (or more?) now; and I love it.  One of the
best $65 I ever spent, and I dont have to build/maintain a PC just
to be a NAT box.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford