[geeks] rants: surgery

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Tue Jan 15 16:46:54 CST 2002

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Peter Street wrote:

> Anyway, back to the ingrown toenails - I had both feet done, the big
> toes, and ended up with 7 stitches in one toe, and 12 in the other...
> They were quite bad :P

I've had both sides of both big toes done.  One set twice... since she
didn't deaden the roots the first time and they came back.  The thing I
like the least is the methyl chloride to freeze the area where the shot
goes in.  I have to look at the needle going in,... not one of those
people who can't look.  I have to see it coming and be prepared.  The
needle itself really doesn't hurt, but the pressure from the lidocaine
being pumped in is excruciatingly uncomfortable.  Everything else is
great, especially since my podiatrist has a really delicate touch.  I am
hyper-sensitive enough to require extra lidocaine, and also be able to
taste it through my circulation system once it goes in.

Andrew

There are, of course, thousands of people who claim to be sys admins who
have the single "skill" of working it out from a gui tool. Ask these people
to move 500 users accounts or 300 virtual hosts from one machine to another
and they are as useful as chocolate firemen. -- Anonymous Coward on Slashdot
8/15/01

UNIX and cigarettes, both addictive and both contain tar.