[geeks] Windows XP and Betryal at Krondor

Peter Street peter.street at lazerfx.co.uk
Tue Jan 15 16:38:25 CST 2002

I have just been given Betrayal at Krondor, the CD edition with Raymond
Feists comments, and I was wondering if any of you chappies (or lasses)
had any success in getting this or similar games running under XP.  I
don't want to have to reboot into '98, and I've attempted this under
Linux before - Let's just not go there, OK?

I've set it to '95 support, with no success and '98 support... I just
get a black screen.  There's no sound either.  I do suspect it's
something to do with the sound system, and it being a PCI - Though I
disabled the sound in the install program, and it did nowt.

System:
1.4Ghz Athlon, K7S5A motherboard (SiS 735 - onboard AC '97 sound),
Hercules KryoII 32MB AGP and ATI All-in-wonder 4MB PCI, Phillips 107S11
17" CRT and Medion 9616 AG 15" TFT, 512MB DDR PC-2100, IBM 75GB DeskStar
75GXP DTLA-307075, generic RealTek 8192 PCI network card...  If that
helps anyone any in determining the problem.

OK, so this is my second post in as many minutes - and me a newbie to
this list and all.  Well, I like to join lists as I use 'em - a lot :D

Peter Street
Web Developer / Manager
LazerFX Productions
www.lazerfx.co.uk (Under Construction)