[geeks] # of machines running currently

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Jan 15 15:05:37 CST 2002

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 03:35:34PM -0500, Ross Alexander wrote:
> For me 3 24x7:
> Gateway 486 motherboard w/pentium 80(?) overdrive cpu running OpenBSD -
> Firewall, NAT box connected to DSL & Cable modems

How do y'all manage to get 486s going as routers?  My experience trying to set
up my AST as a router was miserable.  I just couldn't get it work work with
any 2 NICs at once (several off brand NE2ks, and 2 different versions of the
3COM 3c509).  After all that hassle I decided to just give up and buy myself a
second NIC for a SS2, adding it was child's play.

--
Joshua D. Boyd