[geeks] o-scope

Big Endian bigendian at mac.com
Tue Jan 15 11:23:14 CST 2002

>Hi all,
>
>I just picked up a used dual-trace 15 MHz oscilloscope from one of my
>friendly neighborhood geeks. He sells them to raise money for the high
>school electronics lab he teaches at.

kick ass.  Thats one of my pet projects... my highschool
electronics/computer lab classes.  Mine was PC only but thats where I
found sparcs, alphas and SGIs, fellow geeks are good sources of
info/hardware.

>What is the best starter reference for learning how to use this? I am mostly
>interested in using it for troubleshooting my serial port issues. and
>measuring audio signals.

Buy the guy a beer.  He'll teach you more in 5 minutes that an hour
of googling will.  My best friend taught me in about 5 minutes.  its
pretty simple but I've found its best to learn stuff like that hands
on.

daniel