[geeks] Datacenter gallery up

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Mon Jan 14 14:04:40 CST 2002

[ On Monday, January 14, 2002 at 00:42:39 (-0600), Bill Bradford wrote: ]
> Subject: [geeks] Datacenter gallery up
>
> Check out:
>
> http://www.sunhelp.org/images/geeks/rooms/

He Dave!  VERY nice bookshelves!  (nice books too!  Some of them look a
lot like the ones on my shelves! :-)

I really do need to borrow a good little camera and get some pictures of
this place.  I've got my two 3.1KVA UPS's wired in now (though not
entirely in service yet -- the 1.4KVA still runs the servers at only 6
minutes of battery time :-( I need a much longer hunk of 12/3
"extension" cable to get the power over to it).  I've even got the
shelves up above the UPS's now.  You can actually see the floor in the
computer room (and not just in the walk space behind the cabinets! ;-).
Of course the work table is still covered in mostly hibernating
machines, though if I get a wee bit of incentive I'll get around to
firing up the DEC 5000's with the latest NetBSD and then I'll have a
colour workstation in the computer room too, as well as of course
another NetBSD architecture running in-house, leaving VAX, Sun3, and
Alpha the other machines I have here but not running.

The only remaining semi-big job is to move the mail/DNS server (an SS2),
the test SS1, and the development SS20, and an associated disk chassis
into the main server cabinet so that I can use the free-rolling
un-enclosed cabinet for more temporary customer gear.

--
								Greg A. Woods