[geeks] Geeks and Guns at work

crucible crucible at collective.sh
Mon Jan 14 08:18:16 CST 2002

>From http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1005-200-8436310.html

"Web-hosting company Advanced Internet Technologies is big on security.

Not necessarily the firewall, virtual private network, virus detection
type of thing. More like the barbwire, munitions closet and paratrooper
type of security.

The Fayetteville, N.C.-based company has razor-wire fences, windows
painted black in some areas, and even a munitions closet with 12-gauge
shotguns and 9-millimeter Beretta pistols. Its data centers are protected
by 8-inch reinforced concrete and 24-hour guards. And those precautions
were taken before the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks."

--
crucible <crucible at collective.sh>