[geeks] valuation on a sparc 2 / ss10?

Mike Hebel nimitz at owc.net
Mon Jan 14 02:28:02 CST 2002

>> On Sun, 13 Jan 2002, Ryn wrote:
>>
>> > How many machines do most people keep running in there house? I Think running
>> > three
>> > machines around the clock is bad.

MN> How so? I have 4 sometimes 5 machines running 24/7.

8 counting my three Windoze boxes.
(Two IPX [OpenBSD/Debian], two Linux Intel [SUSE/Debian], One PII-350
[Windows], Two P200's [Windows])

Those are running 24/7.

As for Intermittents - I also have:

A 6100/66 PowerMac that needs to be re-loaded because I
keep getting Bus Errors when running 7.6.2 on it.

A PowerBook 540c that needs the system board or something replaced
because it keeps draining PRAM batteries.

An SGI Indy that needs to be re-loaded from scratch after the boot
sector (hopefully) got hosed during a power failure.  I have 6.5 CD's
- time is what I don't have.

A Cyrix MII-300 with ATI All-In-Wonder-Pro PCI card that will become
my downstairs PC/DVD as soon as I get a cheap decoder card.

An IPC that I haven't decided what to run on it yet - I'm thinking X10
controller maybe.

An SS2 that needs a new NVRAM.

Two TI TravelMate 4000M 486 notebooks with bad batteries.  One running
Mandrake i486, the other running Windows.

One Zenith Laptop 433LNP+ that I'm trying to get a good Linux install
on that supports the internal network adapter to use it as a
network/minicom terminal.  Good Batteries.

A half-dozen Mac SE boxes - not SE/30's.  4 Quadra 605's.

And one MicroVax II that is in storage because my wife won't let me
replace her desk with it. ;-)

Mike                         mailto:nimitz at owc.net