[geeks] valuation on a sparc 2 / ss10?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Jan 13 15:52:12 CST 2002

On January 13, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
> (You will notice the lack of the E10K, which we all know is one of my
> favorites.  It's really not a "Sun" system, in that a goodly portion of
> it was really designed by Cray, and can be traced back through FP
> Systems to Celerity.  It was a good purchase, however...)

  FP Systems, as in Floating Point Systems?  I didn't know they had a
hand in that.  Very cool.

  One thing that I am looking for, that I would greatly appreciate any
help in finding, is an FPS AP-120B (or similar) array processor.  It's
an old (late 1970s) attached processor with a very interesting
architecture that I'd like to do some stuff with.  If anyone knows
where one of these might be, please let me know.  They were commonly
connected to unibus pdp11 systems.  It's a rackmount chassis maybe two
feet tall.

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire