[geeks] OT: jobops in austin and dallas

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Sun Jan 13 13:02:06 CST 2002

Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> > My '71 is getting an Olds 350 in the spring 8-) I'm a little frightened.
>
> Going to NOS it?

Nope. My father-in-law bought a Buick LeSabre new in '77 with an Olds
350 in it. He gave it to me last year when he finally bought a new car
(also a LeSabre). He took meticulous care of the '77, and it runs
beautifully. The body's fallen apart around it, but the engine's in
fabulous shape.

The swap is simple and straightforward. The bellhousing and motor mounts
are exactly the same, and the only wires are the ignition to the
starter, the ground strap, and to the A/C compressor. That's it.
"Shouldn't" take me more than a day (famous last words?). The hard part
is the exhaust, and I'm taking it somewhere for that.

---sambo