[geeks] McRib power!

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Jan 13 11:54:59 CST 2002

On January 13, Bill Bradford wrote:
> Good place for equipment : www.cpapman.com.  I think Dave got his stuff from
> there.  I got mine from the local DME, Apria Healthcare.  Think I'm just about

  Yup, I got my stuff from cpapman.  They kick ass.  Did the whole
thing via email (except for faxing my prescription, which I suppose I
could've scanned and emailed) and I had my unit in two days, all
calibrated and ready to go.

> When I went for my sleep study, they said I was at 112 incidents/events an
> hour, and I got down to 85% oxygen saturation.  Yow.  They put me on 12cm
> pressure.

  Nasty.  I was at something like 135ev/hr and 80%, if memory serves.
I'd wake up with my hands and feet greyish-blue and freezing cold.  It
was very scary.  I'm also at 12cm.  My overall health has changed
drastically for the better, and continues to do so...the effectiveness
of CPAP is amazing!

      -Dave

--
Dave McGuire