[geeks] CPAP - Was ( McRib power!)

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Sun Jan 13 11:08:51 CST 2002

Geoff Reed wrote:

> discovered that the dang thing he charged me $1400 for (well, my insurance
> $1400 for) was $600 or less at several other places on-line :(:(:(

Toally normal and expected. Once he submits the insurance claim for
$1400, the insurance company tells hime he's only getting $1097.36 and
he says OK. But he's got to pay his own salary, everyone in his office,
rent or mortgage, etc...

I have no problem with doctors billing insurance at higher rates than
individuals, and I expect online prices to be lower. Maybe it's just
me...

---sambo