[geeks] McRib power!

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Jan 13 02:14:42 CST 2002

On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 11:37:03PM -0800, Geoff Reed wrote:
> I ahve a respironics midrange beastie Solo LX Plus with meter with their
> whisper lite? facemask, the gel in the cusion is breaking down :(

How long have you had the mask?  Most insurance companies will pay for a
new mask every six months.  You can usually also get a replacement cushion,
instead of replacing the entire mask.  I know on my Ultra Mirage and
Breeze, you can order any single part separately.  I had to get a new
"hose carrier" piece for the Breeze, and paid $20 instead of $150 for a whole
new unit.  Havent used the Mirage since mid-April of last year, since I got
the breeze.

> I also need to get a heated humidifier.

I have a passive humidifier, but I dont *like* it with warm water, for some
reason.  Room-temp water works best; warm water makes it *harder* for me
to breathe, dunno why.

Good place for equipment : www.cpapman.com.  I think Dave got his stuff from
there.  I got mine from the local DME, Apria Healthcare.  Think I'm just about
to the "we've made monthly payments on this for a year, you now own it" point
on my machine, too.  I think I have the Solo LX Plus as well; I'd have to go
look at it... LCD hour display counter, on/off and ramp buttons... about
the size of a shoebox or a little smaller; filters in the back ?

When I went for my sleep study, they said I was at 112 incidents/events an
hour, and I got down to 85% oxygen saturation.  Yow.  They put me on 12cm
pressure.

Tip: news://alt.support.sleep-disorder.  Its almost 90% people with apnea.

(and for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, look
 at these pics:

http://www.cpap.net/breeze.gif
http://www.cpap.net/breeze-man.gif

My machine looks sorta similar to this, but is a cheaper
model, and is beige/maroon:

http://www.cpap.net/aria.JPG

)

Bill