[geeks] Google catalog(ue)'s...

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Sat Jan 12 13:56:50 CST 2002

[ On Saturday, January 12, 2002 at 10:01:01 (-0600), Bill Bradford wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [geeks] Google catalog(ue)'s...
>
> On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 02:51:03AM +1100, Scott Howard wrote:
> > Funky!
> > http://catalogs.google.com/
> > (for those who speak english rather than american,
> > http://catalogues.google.com/ also works. :)

very cool idea indeed!  I doubt it'll be enough to convince me to give
up the shelves of catalogues I have, but it'll at least make me feel
better when there's one I don't have a physical copy of!  ;-)

> I feel sorry for the poor schmucks who have to sit there
> with a scanner all day...

I think it's all mechanised (there aren't enough hours in a working year
to have all those pages manually scanned).

Look at the Sears Craftsman catalogue, pp 87, 89, and 90, for example....

--
								Greg A. Woods