[geeks] iPod is worth it.

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Sat Jan 12 01:32:00 CST 2002

Now that I've had some time to fiddle with it, I've come to really
appreciate it. To take a break from reading about OS X, I've been
sitting out in the living room, listening to a mix of Alan Parsons
Project, Yes, Moody Blues, and Supertramp while reading " The Lust
Lizard of Melancholy Cove" (Christopher Moore) (Recommended).

Sound quality, even with 128kbps VBR rips is quite good.  I've got 87
albums stuffed into the little booger, and it's nice.  I hope Apple
releases some PeeCee software for it, or lets somebody else do so in an
official capacity.  Not that I like PeeCee's (This should be plain by
now), but I think everybody should be able to use this little gem.  It's
got the Archeos unit I got for Chan beat, although that is nice as well.

Cool stuff indeed.

-Pete