[geeks] home equipment inventories

kurt at k-huhn.com kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu Jan 10 10:37:56 CST 2002

> Er, get a tape rewinder dude.  VHS will still suck, but at least you
> don't have to take your VCR out of service to rewind tapes.

Bla.  Got better things to spend my money on than a single-purpose machine.
Nothing gets by in my house on single duty...

>> Disney movies on DVD would certainly alleviate that.  I'm off to
>> Columbiahouse.com to see what I can find...
>
> Plus the whole looking better bit (usually, some DVDs look worse).

DVD looks worse?  Really?  hrm...  Not that I'm an audiophile or videophile,
but I've found that the DVDs I own are way better than the VHS tapes.  Plus
they don't degrade over time.  One of the first Elmo's World VHS tapes that
we bought a couple years ago has grown so bad, audio and video -wise, that I
can't watch it.

Kurt