[geeks] Email experts?

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Wed Jan 9 11:19:19 CST 2002

"Greg A. Woods" wrote:

> > http://www.procmail.org
>
> Oh, please, not that festering hunk-o-junk.  It's an accident waiting to
> happen.  No, wait, it's already happened.  I dare you to even try to
> read the code.

Read and understood, thank you. It's been in use here ($EMPLOYER) for
longer than I have, and I had to learn it fast and well to do my job
properly. It's ugly, but it works.

> Besides using procmail on what I assume to be the sending side, or in
> any intermediate routing stage, is insane.

Care to expound on why? I've never considered using it on the sending
side before now, but see no reason it wouldn't work. I'm not stuck on
using it, it just happened to be the first thing that came to mind.

> How to properly sovle Big Endian's problem depends on many factors not
> described above.

Yes, but I think we define "properly" differently. I've been known to
leave all sorts of things in place that you'd likely call sloppy,
kludgy, half-baked, and/or any number of other assorted derogatory
terms. Some of them sit and do their sloppy, kludgy, half-baked jobs for
years without a hiccup. Perhaps there's a better way, but I got the job
done...

---sambo