[geeks] Gotta love spam

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Wed Jan 9 10:38:50 CST 2002

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002 s at avoidant.org wrote:

> I know Dave, and you can bet every word is exactly as exchanged.
>

> ---sambo

Now this is of course how I'd expect the guy to be treated... and of
course I wish more spammers were repentant rather than "vitriolic" in
response... I did notice one teensy problem though...

from the page:

Slander is verbal defamation.  To defame you, I would have to attack
your reputation in an untruthful manner.  In our conversations, have
I, in any way, said anything untruthful about you that would hurt your
reputation?

To which the spammer could have said... you did once say that my wife was
probably my sister.

Just being pedantic..

Andrew

There are, of course, thousands of people who claim to be sys admins who
have the single "skill" of working it out from a gui tool. Ask these people
to move 500 users accounts or 300 virtual hosts from one machine to another
and they are as useful as chocolate firemen. -- Anonymous Coward on Slashdot
8/15/01

UNIX and cigarettes, both addictive and both contain tar.