[geeks] ntp rant

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Jan 9 03:20:13 CST 2002

If they can make big jumbo LCD clocks that sync via WWV, why
cant someone make a cheap (under $100) one that can serve as a
halfway-decent NTP time source (via serial)?

I'd love to have some kind of good GPS or shortwave-based NTP
timesource here at the house.  Right now I'm just syncing to
a few local, regional, and national NTP servers, with all of
my home machines syncing off a box here...

(yes, I saw Dave McGuire's setup, and have been drooling ever since..)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net