[geeks] home equipment inventories

Kris Kirby geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 8 16:34:44 CST 2002

On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:
> I need to go through tonight and make a list w/pictures of all my "big"
> equipment, serial numbers, etc... Anybody have suggestions or tips on what
> they do?  (this is for insurance purposes).
>
> I thought of just making a text list, then taking some digital camera pictures
> of the actual equipment, then printing that out on the color printer...

Spanking of which.... I may soon be going into business at home -- a few
friends of mine want to make Ghetto-Colo.COM a reality -- a place to
colocate a cheap box for cheap. What sort of extra insurance am I going to
need to carry, and how complicated does it get if I rent an appartment?

(Thinking about pulling the range out so I can get UPS power. ;-)

-----