[geeks] for vi lovers

Joshua D Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 8 10:31:06 CST 2002

On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 10:27:30AM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 10:30:52AM -0500, James Sharp wrote:
> > Actually, I've used Broadcast2000 with pretty good luck.  Unfortunately,
> > its written with a bunch of Intel MMX & AMD 3dNOW! instructions as well
> > as Linux threads, so you can guess what it only runs on.
> > http://www.heroinewarrior.com/
>
> And they've also ceased development due to the possible threat of the
> MPAA, etc...

Their excuse sounded even lamer than the excuse Alan Cox gave for censoring the
linux changelogs.  For crying out loud.  B2k is free software, so there are
people out there with the source, but they usualy aren't too public about it,
and there is no central development point currently either.

--
Joshua D. Boyd