[geeks] for vi lovers

Joshua D Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 8 09:25:29 CST 2002

http://www.schirmacher.de/arne/kino/

Is a video editing program I came across designed to be used with the vi
keybindings.  Actually looks half decent, except it only with with dv video
instead of more general formats.

Looks like I should screw my video capture card (which isn't working anyway),
and persue a new plan of getting a firewire card, and a svideo/composite to
firewire box instead of trying to get an affordable video capture card going.
These days this is starting to look like it might be the most compatible way to
go.  That still isn't exactly cheap though ($250 for a video to firewire box).

Anyway, I thought some people might be interested in seeing that the only open
source video editor that appears to work (everything else looks like vaporware
at the moment) is a vi friend.

--
Joshua D. Boyd