[geeks] I need help with the physical act of...

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 8 08:35:52 CST 2002

Box reduction! ;^)

Anyone want a Mac SE/30 with a dead screen (at least)?
This is the unit I got off eBay, it is just a base
unit, but the monitor is *dead* (the magic smoke was
left in a mail processing plant somewhere between here
and there...).

To be specific, the screen had a little nub on the
back of the picture tube break off (the center of the
connector on the back of the tube), and the unit
powers up to a blank/unlit screen.

I have no idea if the electronics are any good, nor do
I have any real interest in testing them.

This unit is missing the power jumper for the HD, as
the replacement box I got was missing it, but it is a
very standard drive connector (a suitable cable could
be found in a well-stocked parts bin, IMHO). THere is
no HD, but there is a floppy drive. The electrical
boards are all in place, as is the SE/30 ROM, no RAM
installed (I could put some in, I just didn't beofre I
screwed the case back together - I have some 1 meg
SIMMs for a whopping 8 megs... (no keyboard/mouse
available)

If you want this box, it's yous for the low cost of
shipping! I only ship FedEx Ground, and the rates are
*very* good.

If interested, please contact me off-list at
n2vip at yahoo.com

Thanks,

Ken
n2vip at yahoo.com