[geeks] CD-ROM burning question

Mike Nicewonger geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Jan 6 22:03:30 CST 2002

Hi All,

I am trying to make a bootable CD-ROM for HP300 series machines. I have the
OpenBSD 3.0 release here which is bootable but I am trying to replicate thier
efforts. Each time I try this fails.

I am using mkisofs for creating the CD image to burn and am coping the files
directly from the OBSD CD-ROM.

I have verified that the original OBSD CD does indeed boot. The HP wants to see
a 512 byte block CD-ROM drive and I am using a plextor which JustWorks[tm]

The OBSD CD is in the iso9660 format.

Any idea what I am missing here? Of course if you need more info from me ask.

Cheers,

Mike N