[geeks] computer room gallery 8-)

James Sharp geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Jan 6 21:26:44 CST 2002

> 	Cool! Is that modem still available? Last I heard it was hard to
> come by, as the manufacturer quit making it. Granted, I've not played with
> this stuff for 3 years, so is this an area that is getting more attention
> again?

More and more high-speed packet backbones are popping up as people
discover how unreliable internet connectivity can be.  I'm in the midst of
turning up a multi-point system for the Emergency Operations Center for
Prince Georges County, MD.  Its a 1200/9600 baud system locallly with a
56K backbone to the Maryland Emergency Management Association....all
speaking TCP/IP over AX.25.

And you can get the WA4DSY modem from soundradio.com...or you can get
schematics and boardprints to build your own from wa4dsy.net.