[geeks] Macs

Jon Still geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Jan 6 16:49:12 CST 2002

On Sunday, January 6, 2002, at 10:11 PM, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
> <Takes off "Professor Mac" hat>

Aaah... I've almost certainly been told that but my mind, etc... :)

> So OS X recognized it with no trouble?  Cool, as I have been wanting to
> do something similar with my iBook SE.  Do you use tip, or a MacOS
> program?

OS X drivers for the PDA adaptor are available at www.keyspan.com and it
works just fine.  And I used ZTerm - google for it.  Tried to compile
both tip and minicom but kept running into precompiler problems or the
whole double namespace problem that Apple hav introduced with 10.1.

> Which is why I have one (A Plus), as well as a few others. :-)  (I
> literally wore my 512Ke out many years back...)  Nice site, I now feel
> like digging out my plus and getting to work... :-)

Enjoy!

J.
Jon Still                               E-mail: jon at tertial.org
System Administrator                    Web:    http://www.tertial.org/
tertial.org                             Tel:    +44 (0)7977 066087