[geeks] Anyone try Xfree86 on their OS X Macs?

Grant Diffey geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Jan 5 19:53:01 CST 2002

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 09:12:30AM -0500, Ross Alexander wrote:
> > I saw this was available, but won't be able to download it until
> > tomorrow - any gotchas/converns as I prepare for this installation?
>
> I'm using it. It's still a little rough aroung the edges, but overall
> works pretty well.

Interestingly I was looking at a friends G3 notebook running osX and debian
and it appears that some features work better in the xfree driver than macosX
in particular.  hardware scrolling. it could be to do with features of xterm
tho.

--
Grant Diffey aka "nevyn"

President of Computerbank Victoria Inc.