[geeks] cheap printers rock

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Jan 5 01:02:39 CST 2002

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 11:49:29PM -0500, dave at cca.org wrote:
> I think the factory I work at was once offered a $5,000 printer for
> free, if we promised to buy all the consumables from them. (This was a
> production machine, not an office printer. They expect you to run them
> eight hours a day, non stop.)

Nicest inkjet I ever used was a HP Paintjet (something-jet) 1200CPS.

1200dpi, color, *postscript* - and the 3 ink carts cost about $30 each.

but god, once I got it working with Ghostscript/print filters, it was
*beautiful*.

Sadly, I've forgotten EVERYTHING i knew about setting up printers with
Ghostscript, etc, since 1998, and have to re-learn it.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net