[geeks] cheap printers rock

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Jan 4 22:49:29 CST 2002

dittman at dittman.net writes:

>> Lexmark Z11, actually a de-bundled printer from Tiny Computers in
>> the UK (see http://www.theinquirer.net/31120114.htm); brand new from
>> Fry's in Austin for $29.00.  I'll be hooking it up shortly.
>>
>> Whats sad is that new ink carts cost *more than the printer*.

>That seems to be the case for most low-cost printers today.  We've
>arrived at the disposable printer.

Or they're selling the printer at a loss and making their money
on the ink & paper.

I think the factory I work at was once offered a $5,000 printer for
free, if we promised to buy all the consumables from them. (This was a
production machine, not an office printer. They expect you to run them
eight hours a day, non stop.)

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------