[geeks] MicroVAX II: making it complete

William S. geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Jan 4 06:00:02 CST 2002

I am being offered a MicroVAX II for free. It
is equipped as follows:

M7606 - MS630 CPU
M7609 - MS630 Memory 8Mb
M7609 - MS630  "      "
M3104 - DHV11 Serial lines + bulkhead
M7555 - RQDX3 Floppy & Harddrive interface

In addition he has added an extra M3104 and a drive slide for the RD5x
or ST205. It is in the BA23 rack enclosure.

My goal is to get it up and running OpenVMS which is now
available only as a CD.

I am wondering in the end if this is going to end up costing
me more than it is worth to get the additional components
it needs:

1. Harddrive- Which model should I get and how much will
   it cost me (in Europe)? Hard to find?

2. CD-ROM- Model and cost ? Hard to find?

3. Dumb Terminal- You have a favorite to recommend?

Am I better off just waiting to see what turns up
in a VAX that is already operating?

Bill
Amsterdam, NL