[geeks] worst part of the job?

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Jan 3 16:56:02 CST 2002

n2vip at yahoo.com writes:

>BTW, I was watching a show on A&E on a murder in SF years ago, and the
>lead investigator was named Eric Gustafson - got a chuckle out of me...
>On a related note, Dennis Ritchie has a web page talking about his
>"alternate lives" - links to various references to people who share his
>name - parachutests, race car drivers, musicians, etc. A good laugh - I
>keep meaning to put one together on me (try it, "google" your name and
>see what comes back!)...

There's about three Dave Fischers that account for google's top
few pages for that name. Me, a biologist who specializes in mushrooms,
and some sports guy.

I got email from the mushroom guy once. I knew who he was of course,
from spending so much time filtering him out of search strings!

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------