[geeks] worst part of the job?

Peter L. Wargo geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Jan 3 00:56:30 CST 2002

On Wednesday, January 2, 2002, at 10:43 , Ken Hansen wrote:

> What, did Dave McGuire visit your office? ;^)

Hee, hee...

We got realistic when we built NCGR's new office.  At the time, the
protests against the genetics industry were getting ugly, and we had
already had some interesting incidents. So, we added color/lowlight
cameras in the right places, as well as a camera behind the
receptionist's desk.  (If somebody came in and started giving her
trouble, she could hit the button for either the cops, or the SA's.  The
SA suite had a monitor and alarm in it.  All four of us together were
over 1000 lbs. :-). ) (Plus, John was an ex-marine, and kept his K-bar
over his desk.)

-P