[geeks] OSX is going to ruin my life

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Feb 28 02:53:48 CST 2002

On February 28, Bill Bradford wrote:
> >   Dude...I bought one of the *very first* G4s.
>
> Oh, didnt know that. I thought you were a new OS X convert..

  I guess what I should have said was...I've been a Mac convert for many
years, after playing with a PowerMac 6100 back in 1995 convinced me
that Macs didn't suck nearly as badly as they used to.  Shortly
thereafter I bought a brand new 7500/100 ($3500!).  I started with
System 7.5, now running 9.1 on my G4, contemplating OS X if I can get
all my stoff to run.

  But the new (work-owned) iMac that I have here for Java stuff came
with OS X, so I've been hacking on it a lot for the past couple of
days.  It is *cool*.  And FUCKING GODDAMN FAST!

     -Dave

--
Dave McGuire