[geeks] at long last

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Feb 28 00:44:54 CST 2002

At long last, I've started coding up the color tranformation stuff I was
talking about.

Just finished getting the bit banging stuff working out with display preview
stuff.  Now working on command line input.  This is going to be far from
user friendly since you sit at the command line building matrixes to transform
the image.

I really should be working on other stuff now.  But, oh well.  Maybe I'll have
something people can download this weekend.  It only loads tga (and that
probably won't change too soon), and it currently doesn't let you save the
results (which also won't change as long as I'm using a custom written TGA
loader).  Interestingly enough, the GIMP does something funky on the TGA's
it puts out.  I can read TGAs from several programs, but not from the GIMP.

Oh well.

Anyway, in theory this could be done completely in hardware on SGIs, but it
requires OpenGL extensions available only on SGIs, so it's gonna be slow for
now.

I gotta get me a spaceball.

--
Joshua D. Boyd