[geeks] I never thought

Tom Borton tborton at usa.net
Mon Feb 25 18:14:48 CST 2002

I had one of those - wrote the book, did TV commentary on politics for
the local news, a real prince.  The school had just created a .100-level
class for this guy, and he expected us to know as much as the .300-level
students who had had to take the .100- and .200-level classes.  Umm, no,
that's why we were taking the .100-level class.

A friend of mine got a C on one of his exams (one essay question, and
you wrote the *entire* class period to answer it), but during his review
of the exam, she found that she had covered every single point he
brought up.  When she went to his office to ask about the grade, he told
her she had addressed the points in the wrong order.

It was a beautiful thing to see the entire class marching to the Dean's
office when the prof. didn't show for the final because the exam started
an hour before our normal class time.  Not to mention being the last to
leave the Dean's office just in time to see the prof. marching across
campus to his office...  I still have his "absent-minded" professor
apology on file.

Tom