[geeks] I never thought

Mike Nicewonger twmaster at twmaster.com
Mon Feb 25 01:44:52 CST 2002

on 2/25/02 2:21 AM, Dave McGuire at mcguire at neurotica.com wrote:
>>> to do in Minitab, but no, the man still insists it be done in
>>> minitab).
>>
>> Excuse me? This doesn't seem right. He's compelling (forcing) you to pay
>> for something? Isn't this against some rule somewhere?
>
> State governments get away with it all the time with compulsory car
> insurance.

I wouldn't call that the same. I want other people to have car insurance. If
you crash into my car can you afford to fix it?

If the same result can be acheived with different software then why
shouldn't Josh be allowed to use or write his own? I also thing if you are
required to use a specific piece of software that should be included in
whatever course materials you must buy or should be supplied with the
course. I mean geez, if you go to an Oravle class and say gee I have to buy
Oracle, why can't I use my copy of mSQL??

Mike N