[geeks] grr paypal

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Sat Feb 23 17:30:57 CST 2002

On Sat, Feb 23, 2002 at 04:45:20PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
>   Don't get me wrong, I don't disagree with what you're saying...They
> certainly don't need that information.  But, at least at the point I'm
> at in MY life, matters of principle like this (ones that don't have a
> real material effect on my life) get thrown out the window for the
> huge convenience of being able to pay for an auction within five
> minutes after it ends at 4AM.

If the auction finishes at 4am i'll be in bed anyway - or too drunk to
work a computer :-)

Seriously though, I really don't mind waiting the few hours it takes to
email the seller and get their details, and the day or two to transfer
money.

  I often reflect that if "privileges" had been called "responsibilities"
  or "duties", I would have saved thousands of hours explaining to people
  why they were only gonna get them over my dead body.
                 -- Lee K. Gleason in comp.org.decus